ООН Надежный партнер Часть 1
United Nations Information and Resource Center in the Republic of Tajikistan
The first UN Information and Resource Center (UN IRC) in Tajikistan was officially inaugurated on June 13, 2016 by H.E. Mr. Sirodjiddin Aslov, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan and Ms. Cihan Sultanoglu, UN Assistant Secretary General, Assistant Administrator, Regional Director of the United Nations Development Programme for Eastern Europe and CIS countries.
The concept of the UN IRC was developed and the center established under the leadership of Mr. Alexander Zuev, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Tajikistan.
Establishment of the UN Information and Resource Center (UN IRC) is in line with the Secretary-General’s proposal to enhance public information within the UN in his 2020 reform proposal. UN IRC in Tajikistan will be the second large initiative undertaken by the UN in Tajikistan after the creation of the UN Communications Group which was inspired by the challenge by the Secretary-General to strategically communicate the collective UN story and achieve the greatest public impact.
Establishment of the UN IRC at the Russian – Tajik Slavonic University will help to raise the public awareness on profile and actions of the UN in general and UN agencies, funds and programmes operate in the Republic of Tajikistan in particular.
The UN IRC will seek to increase the awareness about the United Nations, its agencies, funds and programmes presented in Tajikistan and the global agenda of the UN. The UN IRC will provide timely, accurate, impartial, comprehensive, relevant and coherent information on UN objectives and activities to the widest global public.
- Provide access to all interested stakeholders on the UN system in the global level;
- Provide comprehensive and timely information about the UN actions in Tajikistan and its cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Provide thematic information in the areas of the UN’s programmes to those interested, in particular, to young people and students;
- Promote ideas of the UN in Tajikistan and in a global level;
- Facilitate receiving of feedbacks from the public on the work of the UN in Tajikistan;
- Create a platform for further interactions, cooperation and joint actions aimed at achieving the above mentioned goals;
- Promote values of UN volunteerism and engage more youths/students into the process;
- Contribute in promotion of the principles of One UN in Tajikistan.
The UN IRC is equipped with necessary IT and office equipment and provide access to the information about the UN both in print and soft versions, including access to the Internet and multimedia resources.
Photo reportage from the UN IRC inauguration (link to Facebook)