Job Title: NPP (Communication Assistant)
Type of Contract: NPP.NP.LOC
Duty Station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Duration: 12 months, with possibility of extension
Issued on: 9 February 2018
Deadline For Application: 24 February 2018
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan, overall technical guidance of FAO’s Senior Communication Officer for Europe and Central Asia and AGPMM, and under direct supervision of AFAOR in close collaboration with projects’ leading technical units and staff
the NPP (Communication Assistant) will undertake the following duties in support of the Project on “Strengthening Institutions and Capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and State Veterinary Inspection Service for Policy Formulation” (GCP/TAJ/013/EC) and “Project for improvement of locust management” (GCP/INT/238/JPN):
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in drafting, editing, clearing, and disseminating news releases, human interest stories and other content to national and local news media,
- Maintain and regularly update FAO-Tajikistan media contacts list,
- Organize project site visits for journalists and other public, information events and press conferences, upon request,
- Assist in conducting media monitoring of the coverage of project activities, as outlined by the Senior Communication Officer for Europe and Central Asia,
- Create and maintain an up-to-date database for communication materials (including publications, press releases, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.),
- In close liaison with project management and technical units, assist in conducting visibility events, as outlined in the Communication Strategy of project GCP/TAJ/013/EC,
- Disseminate research findings, ensure exchanges and sharing of experience, lessons learned, best practices between government officials, programme staff, and other partners,
- Follow-up on the development and production of promotional materials (cap, pen, folder, flyers, calendars, etc.), obtaining technical clearance on the content from the projects’ leading technical units and ensure that they meet organizational and donor standards, including in terms of quality, consistency and relevance and use of respective logos,
- Ensure dissemination of promotional materials to local communities, government officials, other partners and the media,
- Provide inputs to all major technical documents and reports to contribute to improve communication of main messages and ensure that they comply with organisational and donor’s visibility requirements.
- Other related duties, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Social /behavioural Sciences or any other related field;
- Proficiency in English, Russian and Tajik;
- Extensive experience (at least 1 year of relevant experience) in media relations or relevant field, preferably for United Nations or NGO
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Solid editing and researching skills
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=180158&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00 and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT