ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a French humanitarian non-governmental organization, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters.
Title of Position: Local Governance Initiative Senior Officer, ACTED
Location of the position: Zarafshan valley (Ayni, Kuhistoni Maschoh) with regular field visits and travel to Dushanbe
Reporting to: Country Director
Duration: 6 month
ACTED is expecting five years funding from the European Union for “Improving livelihoods and food security through sustainable Natural Resource Management (NRM)” in Zarafshan Valley, implemented by the consortium partners Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), the Mountain Societies Development Support Programme (MSDSP), Sarob and CAMP Kuhiston. The overall objectives of the project are to 1. Contribute to poverty reduction by improving rural livelihoods; 2. Contribute to food security through improved food availability, accessibility and diet in Kuhistoni Mastchoh and parts of Aini in Zarafshan Valley.
The four anticipated Results are:
R1 – Sustainable biomass cycling and soil erosion control is enhanced through participatory water and NRM management.
R2 – Access to clean drinking water and sanitation is increased via improved, collective governance.
R3 – Access to energy is improved through adoption of energy efficient and renewable energy technologies.
R4 – Conservation-focused, climate smart agro techniques and practices are promoted and integrated into agricultural practices.
Local Governance Initiative Senior Officer contributes to the planning, implementation and facilitates implementation of IWSM plan activities, outputs and results, and it guarantees the quality and consistency of an integrated project between the consortium partners as well as the implantation on time and within budget.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Development of the methodology and detailed work plan to mobilize the community. The implementation of the IWRM plan, reforestation and energy efficiency. Determine the sequence of actions for the mobilization component with the other actions of the project.
- Promptly and accurately perform the work schedule of the project with project staff, identify goals and develop a mechanism for project evaluation and performance measures on a regular basis.
- Participate in the implementation of the project to the designated mobilization activities in the project, and in time to fulfill orders and tasks of the project manager.
- Monitoring of the performance of the component mobilization project, inform the Project Manager of any deviations and propose adjustments.
- Communication, communication and coordination with all project executors and stakeholders.
- Compile success stories, best practices, and examples of projects in close cooperation with the implementation of employees and to ensure their use for visibility, knowledge sharing and networking.
- Support the development and production of visual information material, such as a message sign design, banners, small office and similar products.
- Save all data created during the project, send them to the project manager to make sure that all data is documented and provided.
- Write, compile, finalize project reports for management and donors, and to submit in time the project manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that the results of the project on time, within budget and to the required quality level.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- University degree in management, economics, development studies, sociology or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in a similar position
- Excellent Tajik and Russian, English is preferred; works with most computer programs (especially MS Word, MS Excel, SPSS, Access)
- Ability to comprehend and follow different donor requirements, knowledge and experience with EU requirements are preferable
- Strong communication skills, orally and in writing; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive concepts notes, proposals, reports
- Good training and backstopping skills with the focus on report writing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good team player with the ability to establish trustful relations and motivate others
- Problem solving skills, by assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and solve the problem
Submission of application:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 6.00 PM of the 25th of February, 2018 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.