Job Title: Senior Treasury Assistant
Location: Dushanbe, TJ
Type of assignment: Fixed-term, UB
Opening Date: 08.02.2018
Closing Date: 01.03.2018
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and experienced professional for the position of Senior Treasury Assistant for its Office in Dushanbe.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under overall supervision of Chief, Fund Administration and immediate supervision of Finance Officer, Senior Treasury Assistant performs the following duties:
- Controls Bank/Cash transactions consistency with established OSCE Financial Regulations and relevant Administrative/Financial Instructions;
- Performs cash demand analysis, prepares cash flow forecast and initiates cash replenishment from the OSCE Secretariat to insure availability of the required resources; Processes currency conversion transactions and records them in OSCE Oracle Finance System;
- Effects all payments in the Office in local and international currencies through cash, bank, as well as via OSCE Offices in Secretariat when needed;
- Verifies the details matched to the payment voucher prior to making payment. Processes payment of invoices in Oracle for all International and National Staff Mission Members;
- Ensures all payments are made to the properly authorized payees. Inspects, investigates and resolves discrepancies in cash and bank transactions, if any occurred;
- Records miscellaneous transaction entries in cash management module and reconciles all the transactions in cash statements on daily basis, ensuring that all items are investigated and resolved;
- Performs daily reconciliations of all cash and bank accounts ensuring that their balance concurs with the OSCE Oracle Finance System;
- Receives cash from the bank. Communicates with the bank on the matters of replenishment. Obtains bank records for transactions processed from POiD all the bank accounts; Holds regular and surprise cash counts;
- Ensures the adequacy of the security of the Cashier’s office and enforce the access control to the cashier’s office, responsible for safekeeping;
- Prepares monthly reconciliation reports for all bank and cash accounts;
- Performs training of new staff on the use of the Cash Management module in ORACLE;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Finance Officer and CFA.
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in accounting;
- Minimum six years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of treasury/accounting/finance, preferably in an international environment;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and familiarity and experience with ORACLE System is desirable;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 894.50 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Notes on How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, offline applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Tajikistan.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.