Tajikistan Health and Nutrition Program (THNA)
|Division: Human Resources||Functional Level: Administrative||Date: 05 January 2018|
|Job Family: Administration||Exempt Status:||Reporting To: Operations Manager|
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That is why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will provide overall support to the organization, both as the first point of contact for visitors to the office, as well administrative support to the Operations Unit. S/he will be responsible for a range of administrative duties, including organizing meetings and events, provide translation services of office documents, facilitating passports and visa applications for international staff and consultants, assist with procurement and processing of invoices, in compliance with IntraHealth policies and procedures.
- Greets guests and visitors, keeps visitors logbook, answers telephone calls, and registers incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Administration and Logistics:
- Provides written and oral translation of office documents as required;
- Facilitates the processing of passports, visas and associated documents for IntraHealth local and International Staff and Consultants;
- Arranges airline tickets, hotel bookings and transport for IntraHealth Employees and Consultants as needed;
- Keeps records of staff travel sheets;
- Updates staff and partners information, manages office supplies and assist with timely maintenance/repair of office furniture and office equipment for both Dushanbe and Kurgan Tube offices;
- Under supervision of Operations Manager coordinates with Rudaki Plaza Management and other partners on any office/ management matters;
- Follows up on delivery orders, shipments and coordinates transport of same to Kurgan Tube;
- Assists in communication with vendors, lessors, and other suppliers;
- Organizes office events, meetings, entertainments;
- Assists in handling communication with different government offices;
- Monitors Vendor activities (quality of food, goods, and services); and
- Ensures timely processing of payments requests of invoices (office and expat rent, utilities, internet, telephone, etc.)
- Supervises the office cleaner;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business/Public Administration, Finance, Economy or other relevant area;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with international organizations ;
- Experience in managing office’s administrative systems;
- Excellent knowledge of English, Russian and Tajik Languages;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
Innovation- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability-Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence-Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Interested applicants should apply by January 23, 2018 by sending cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position title in subject line
Deadline: January 23, 2018.