The Branch of Association HELVETAS Swiss Interсooperation in the Republic of Tajikistan invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced candidates for a Project Officer position to Access to Justice Project based in Dushanbe Country Office with periodic travel throughout Tajikistan.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager the incumbent provides the close cooperation with implementing partners of the project (both at the local and national levels), including working with civil society, local government authorities and State Agency Legal Aid Center in establishing adequate management and operational conditions to achieve the project goals and is responsible for the following key tasks and responsibilities:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In supporting the effective day-to-day project implementation, Project Officer will particularly be responsible for:
- Provision of technical assistance to fulfill the objectives and reach the outputs and outcomes of the Access to Justice project with special concentration on outcome 1 (people, in particular the most vulnerable, are aware of their rights and use free legal aid services to protect them) and 3 (Strengthened civil society takes up key legal issues in dialogue with local and national authorities, leading to appropriate responses) of the project;
- Ensuring of direct and regular contact with appropriate NGOs and government authorities involved in legal awareness raising of population to facilitate the project implementation (e.g. capacitate state actors to conduct legal awareness campaigns through social/mass media, ICT, SMS, events in all project areas, develop ICT mechanisms, which enable people to seek and acquire legal aid).
- Develop vision and establish mechanism for monitoring of legal aid provided by state authorities by the civil society (e.g. civil society has a capacity to assesses SA LAC services and provides feedback accordingly, community is mobilized to establish social accountability mechanism)
- Together with Project Officer develop and implement vision on policy dialogues about legal issues which can’t be resolved through mentioned above monitoring mechanism together with appropriate local government authorities and State Agency Legal Aid Center;
- Preparation of draft ToRs, contracts for partner organizations and service providers;
- Timely follow up on the partners’ operational reports. Collection and analysis of received reports. Development and updating of the templates for such reports.
- Support in preparation of documents related to implementing partners;
- Provision of details for project operational reports and assisting in development and provision of capacity building for lawyers;
- Provision of support in cooperation with the Ministry of Justice and other government authorities;
- Review of incoming correspondence and preparation of draft responses or materials;
- Provision of support in planning, arrangement, preparation of various study tours, meetings, and seminars for partners;
- Provision of input to activity of the working groups on the rule of law reforms and other working groups;
- Provision of support to the Communication Officer when required;
- Act as Gender Focal Point and ensure that principles of Gender and Social Equity are observed throughout the project.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in law, political, social science, human rights, or development studies (the degree in law is an advantage);
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a relevant position with international organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of the legal-judicial, political, and social situation in Tajikistan;
- Significant experience in cooperation with local authorities and civil society;
- Strong experience in community mobilization and work with local government authority
- Fluent written and verbal Tajik, Russian and English;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Internet applications.
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES
Access to Justice Project Officer will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties in the abovementioned section:
- Diplomacy, impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently
- Understanding the nature of the work carried out by the Branch of Association HELVETAS Swiss Interсooperation in the Republic of Tajikistan. The proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of HELVETAS activity is essential
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate
- Project Assistant must be inventive and eager to improve own skills and be capable to quick adaptation and shaping
- Good organizational and communication skills are essential
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish multiple tasks consecutively
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities, to show mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills and to remain calm even under pressure.
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with short deadlines and in a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should provide their CV with cover letter and list of 3 references at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy at: email@example.com. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
The deadline for submission: the vacancy is opened the moment of qualified candidate selection. Interviews will be conducted on a short notice the qualified candidate applied. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Starting date: ASAP.