The Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan herewith tenders to secure external audit services of reputable audit companies in country for audit of “Swiss agency for Development and Cooperation-funded project “Integrated Health and Habitat Improvement”, Rasht valley, Tajikistan”. Auditors should be Russian and English speaking. All reports should be in English. The audit organization should be registered or recognized by international donors.
The terms of reference are mentioned below.
The overall audit objective is to provide the Aga Khan Foundation and the Donor with reasonable assurances that the funds provided have been used for the intended purposes and in accordance with the International Accounting Standards and requirements set out in Grant agreements. The audit will be conducted in accordance with International Standards on Auditing as published by the International Auditing and Assurance Board of the International Federation of Accountants, with special reference to ISA 800 (Auditor’s Report on Special Purpose Audit Engagements).
Total project period – start from 1st August 2013 to 31st December 2017, the audit will cover the Extension period from 1th August 2017 to 31st December 2017.
The grant recipient is AKF Tajikistan and implementing partners are AKHS, MSDSP and FOCUS.
This will include on test basis with reasonable sample size the following of each:
- Examination of financial statements for accuracy, prepared on the basis of the accounting records maintained by the Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan (in Dushanbe), Aga Khan Health Services (in Dushanbe, Rasht), MSDSP (in Dushanbe, Rasht) and FOCUS (in Dushanbe).
- Examination of compliance with the rules and conditions governing the use of funds referred to in the grant agreement, mainly eligibility and supporting evidence of expenditures, funds maintained in accordance with the provisions of the agreement, goods and services procured to be in accordance with agreement.
- Ensure the internal systems and controls are in place and identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness.
- Selectively on-site visits to the projects to check the progress of activities, physical verification of infrastructure projects, purchased assets, meetings with beneficiaries on awareness of donor project activities in Rasht valley (Fayzabad, Jirgatol, Nurobod, Rasht, Rogun, Tavildara, Tojikobod).
The Aga Khan Foundation expects the auditors to issue an opinion on whether:
- The funds have been used for the purposes stated in the grant agreement.
- Income and Expenditures are accounted for.
- Expenditure was incurred in accordance with the funding terms and conditions.
- The transactions were in accordance with the relevant legislative authority including the organization’s financial regulations and rules in all material aspects.
- The systems and controls have been adequate with regard to the withdrawal, procurement, storage and payment transactions.
- The audit statements of expenditures can be relied upon to support the related withdrawal applications.
If considered pertinent, the auditor will also prepare a management letter to provide comments and observations on accounting records, systems and controls, actions taken by management to make improvements with respect to areas of weaknesses, other matters the auditor considers pertinent.
Quality of Audit staff
The Aga Khan Foundation is very particular about the quality of staff sent for its audits and therefore would prefer staff with appropriate qualifications and or experience. The minimum requirements are:
- The most senior member should have at least five years of experience.
- The support staff should have at least two years and some preferably in the NGO field when possible.
- Field team should include at least one senior staff.
- Audit company should have the License issued by the Ministry of Finance of Republic of Tajikistan
- The audit is expected to start from 5th February 2018; the field audit staff must complete all fieldwork before leaving the project and AKF office.
- The brief meeting to be held with the field staff to discuss the preliminary findings.
- The draft report will be expected within one week from departing our offices.
- The final audit report along with the observations is due within one week after the draft is confirmed by the management, but no later than 6th March 2018.
Interested Audit organizations should be officially recognized by international donors and should send their tender in sealed envelopes to the Grants Finance Officer, the Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan to the following address:
137 Rudaki Avenue
Tojikmatlubot Building 4th floor
Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 23rd January 2018.